Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Kye
2. Place the scallops in a blender with a pinch of salt and fresh ground white pepper.
3. Turn on the blender, and slowly add heavy cream in a steady steam.
4. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula, then blend the mixture one more time to make sure the scallop mousse is smooth. Set aside.
5. In a bowl with the crab, add the mustard, celery, herbs and lemon zest and lightly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients.
6. Fold the scallop mousse into the crab mixture, again taking care not to break up the meat.
7. Taste, and season, as needed with salt, white pepper, cayenne and lemon juice as needed.
8. If mixture seems dry and will not hold together, beat and stir in one whole egg to bind.
9. Form crab mixture into cakes and chill.
10. For the aioli, place all the ingredients in a blender except the oil.
11. Turn on the blender and slowly drizzle the oil in a steam until it is completely incorporated into the emulsion. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
12. Heat a film of olive oil in a large skillet or griddle. Place panko on a sheet pan.
13. Dip each side of the crab cake lightly in the panko and brown lightly until golden and crab mixture is warmed through. Serve hot garnished with aioli and a drizzle of Lemon olive oil.