Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry gently till onions are soft.
3. Drain the porcini through a paper towel lined sieve reserving the water. Chop mushrooms into large chunks, then add to the pan along with the thyme.
4. Fry for a few minutes then sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
5. Pour the stock and mushroom water into the pan, cover, then simmer the soup gently for approx. 15mins. Add the cream and continue to simmer gently for a further 5 mins.
6. Once it's cooked, blend the soup in batches. You can blend the whole soup till it's completely smooth or just blend half, as i do.
7. Place back on the heat, taste for seasoning then add enough cornflour to thicken the soup slightly.
8. Serve sprinkled with a few young thyme leaves.