Added by Mango Ginger | Sat 12 May 2012 @ 04:33
The latest Asian Fusion recipe from Mango Ginger: www.mango-ginger.blogspot.com
Both the mousse and cookies are super simple. It\'s a really fun, refreshing, elegant dessert.
Time: 30 minutes prep (plus 10 mins cooking time and several hours chilling time)
Serves: Makes 12 mousse shots or 3 large servings and 12 cookies
For the mousse:
200g mango puree (about 2 medium sized mangoes)
Juice 1 lime
250ml double cream
25g icing sugar
2 leaves gelatine
Some coarsely chopped pistachios to garnish
For the cookies:
85g caster sugar
25g plain flour
2 egg whites
1. Start with the mousse. Place the gelatine leaves into a bowl of cold water to soften.
2. Whip the cream with the sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Peel the mangoes and puree the flesh in a blender until smooth. Heat the mango purée in a small pan. Squeeze out any excess water from the gelatine and add to the mango purée, stirring until dissolved. Add the lime juice and continue heating for another couple of minutes to firm up the puree and remove excess moisture.
4. Allow the mango mixture to cool and then fold into the whipped cream mixture. Transfer into serving glasses and refrigerate until set. You can do this several hours in advance, even the night before.
5. Now for the cookies. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large baking sheet.
6. Finely grind three-quarters of the pistachios in a food processor or mortar and pestle. Coarsely chop the remaining nuts and set aside
7. Transfer the finely ground nuts to a bowl and stir in 45g caster sugar and flour.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, and then add remaining sugar. Then fold in the pistachio mixture.
9. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet, using a second table spoon to round them. Leave space between them as they will rise and expand.
10. Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
11. Bake for 10minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If you want perfect rounds, use a small cookie cutter to cut out the middle section of each cookie and discard the rest.