Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 31 Jan 2010 @ 19:25
I like to garnish this simple soup with a little bit of parsley but it\'s also good topped with a sprinkling of grilled, crusty bacon bits :-) Lovely served with some toasted rye bread, rubbed with a little garlic and drizzled with olive oil.
approx• 1200ml vegetable stock
4 med floury potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large leek, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 med carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
A few tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp single cream
Some chopped flat leaved parsley to garnish
Salt ,pepper and freshly ground nutmeg to season
1.In a large saucepan (or casserole) heat the olive oil gently then add the onion, leek,carrots and garlic to the pan.
2. Sweat over a low heat till vegetables are soft (try not to brown them).
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 3-4 mins.
4. Pour in the stock, cover, then cook over a gentle heat for about 30 mins, stirring occassionally.
5. Pour the soup into a blender and process till smooth and creamy.
6. Return the soup to the pan then add the cream. Taste, seasoning with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7. Reheat gently (if necessary) and serve sprinkled with a little chopped parsley.