Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 04 Mar 2009 @ 13:55
This recipe produces a lovely light roll with a thick,crispy crust and soft centre.
3 cups of bread flour
1 tbsp of sugar
1.5 tsps of salt
2 tsps of dried yeast
approx 1 & 1/4 cup of lukewarm water
1. Place the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the sugar and yeast to the water and allow to stand for about 10mins.
3. Add the water mixture to the flour (bit by bit) mixing well with your hands.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for about 15-20 mins or until the dough is soft and silky.
5. Place in a large bowl (sprayed with a little olive oil), cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Punch the dough back and knead for a minute or so.
7. Cut into portions (approx 80g per roll) and shape into rolls.
8. Place on a floured baking tray, cover with the damp tea towel and allow to rise again for about 30mins.
9. In the meantime preheat the oven to 200C.
10. Just before baking, brush the rolls with a little salted water (1/2tsp salt to 1/2 cup of water).
11. Bake for approx 25mins at 200C till golden brown.