Added by Nalini | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
1 lb button mushroom (cut into 3 pieces)
1 1/2 tbsp curry (whatever u can find)
a few leaves cilantro
a bit of thyme
a piece of scotch bonnet pepper (as much as you can handle)
2 cloves garlic
a pinch of salt to taste
premix packet of coconut milk
1) Blend the cilantro, garlic, pepper, thyme and salt together.
2) Pour over the mushroom and let marinade a bit.
3) Cut the onion length ways.
4) Mix the curry with 3 tbsp of water and add half of the onion.
5) Put pot on the stove to heat and pour oil into it, when the oil is hot add the remaining onion.
6) When the onion has caramelized add the curry mixture to the pot and let the water burn out.
7) When the curry mixture starts to bubble add the mushroom, coat it well with the curry and let fry in the curry for a couple mins.
8) Now add the premixed coconut milk and let simmer till the milk has been reduced and the mushrooms cooked.
PS: sorry i don't have a pic yet