Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by cengland
I served it with mashed pumpkin and wilted spinach.
• Rub the skin of the duck breasts with salt and pepper.
• In a frypan, heat some olive oil over high heat, then brown the breasts, skin side down. Remove to a plate.
• Brown the chicken livers quickly in the oil, and remove them to the plate also.
• Put the onion, garlic, almonds, rosemary, cloves, muscat and stock in a Dutch oven or roasting tin, and mix. (You could probably mix in about a tablespoon of flour as well, if you wanted the gravy thickened a bit. I didn't do this.)
• Dice the chicken livers into roughly even-sized pieces, and gently add into the mixture in the Dutch oven.
• Put the duck breasts in, and nestle them down so that the meaty part is sitting in the liquid.
• Bake at 160 C for up to about an hour, depending on how well you like duck meat done, but not too long or the meat will toughen.