Added by dazza5a | Tue 08 Feb 2011 @ 18:55
2 x Pizza Base Ingredients
500g Strong Bread Flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 x 7g Sachet Yeast
300ml Warm Water
1) In a large bowl, mix together the flour (sugar) and salt, rub in the butter or lard then stir in the yeast.
2) Stir in the water and mix into a soft dough by hand.
3) Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 10 mins by hand.
4) Half the dough into two pieces and knead each for an extra 5mins then leave to rest for a further 5 mins.
5) Then roll both lots of dough out into a circular shape (roll to about 1cm/2cm thin) and place each on a 30cm Pizza Baking tray, Leave to rise for about 10 mins then go back and push out the rise from the centre to the sides to make a thin base and a big crust. (repeat this method until the base is now the size of the tray).
6) Now take a knife and just slightly slice across the base of both bases to stop it rising in the oven too much. Maybe make a few slices on each base.
7) Ready for your toppings (remember you can use any toppings of your choice) here is one I use. Spread your pizza base with a nice Tomato Pure, then sprinkle over some diced Chicken , Ham, Red Onion, Pineapple and maybe add a little bit of Garlic (cloves) really thinly sliced as its strong. Then finish off with a couple of handfuls of grated Mozzarella cheese. NOW JUST COOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gas Mark 8 / 220c
Please leave your comments of what you think of my recipe, and maybe put some pics on of how your pizza turned out for me!!!!!!