Added by RedfoxEstonia | Mon 01 Nov 2010 @ 19:19
You can think of it as dessert or breakfast. I make it normal. Russians make it untolerably sweet. You probably never made it at all. Try, do.
1 huge cup of dried apples
1/2 cup of sultanas
1/2 cup dried plums
a few dried figs, apricots, strawberries or whatever you have
2 tbsp potato starch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1 l water
sugar according to taste (if you use shop-bought fruit, they are probably sugary, add no more than 2 tbsp)
whipped cream or ice cream or thick sour cream
1. wash the dried plums and raisins.
2. leave all of the fruit to soak for at least 6 hours or overnight, then drain.
3. Fill the pot with fresh water, bring to boil and add dried plums, cook until half done. then add apples, after a few minutes the other fruits.
4. add cinnamon, sugar and cardamom.
5. mix potato starch with a bit of water, drizzle into the hot soup while stirring quickly.
6. turn off the heat.
7. serve the soup hot or cold with vanilla ice cream, curd paste, whipped cream or sour cream*.
*my preference, cause I am not much of a sweet-tooth.