Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
Serves 4, main course or 8 as a side dish
2 tsps garam masala
1 tsp dried onion powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cummin
1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cinammon
1/2 tsp ginger
Mix together using a little water to make a paste.
Garlic and onion puree:
1 large onion (minced finely,using a blender)
1-2 garlic cloves (minced together with the onion)
8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 tin of chopped tomatoes + 1/2 tin of water
1 tin of coconut cream (for a lower fat version use yoghurt instead and add at the last minute, don't let it boil)
4-5 tbsp chopped coriander
2-3 tbsp oil/ghee for frying
This is my favourite vegetarian curry dish, adapted to my family's taste. Son likes it hot and hubbie likes it creamy so they get a bit of both in this dish and it's cheap and cheerful which makes me happy too:)
1. First fry the onion and garlic puree in the ghee, over a medium heat (about 8 -10mins).
2. Add the curry paste and fry the mixture gently for a further 5-8mins approx. until the moisture has cooked out of the paste.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and water then let it cook gently for approx.15-20 mins, stirring often.
4. Next, add the hard boiled eggs and cook for a further 5-6 mins.
5. Finally add the coconut cream and let it simmer very gently for a further 5 mins or so.
6. Stir in the chopped coriander, sprinkle with some chilli powder if you wish, and serve with rice, naan breads or whatever you prefer.