Added by freshherbs | Tue 02 Aug 2011 @ 17:32
3/4 large pack digestive biscuits
360g full fat cream cheese
160ml double cream, lightly whipped
Icing sugar to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
2tbs Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
1. Place the digestive biscuits in a large plastic bag. Hold one end of the bag and using a rolling pin, crush until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the crushed biscuits and sugar until they are fully combined.
3. Press the biscuit mixture firmly into an 8Ē round tin with a lift up base and place in the fridge to set.
4. Wash the lemon and grate the skin using a fine grater or use a zester. Place this zest together with the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice in a food processor and mix well.
5. Then slowly add the cream and elderflower cordial until it is a smooth thick paste.
6. Spread this mixture on the biscuit base and refrigerate.
7. Just before serving, sprinkle the cheesecake with the zest of the lime.