Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by CucinaItaliana
2. Sieve the flour, cocoa and Bicarbonate of Soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the syrup, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and coffee (if using). Beat well with electric whisk until smooth.
4. Spoon the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch (check after 20). Remove from oven, leave to cool intin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely before filling and icing.
5. To make your butter icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar. Then then add vanilla and finally melted chocolate.
6. Sandwich the two cakes together with the butter icing and cover the sides and the top of the cake with more butter icing.