Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by emms
Choosing Fairtrade over regular versions makes a massive difference to the lives of developing world farmers and their families!
Two years ago, Tate & Lyle announced its plans to move its retail cane sugars range to Fairtrade with no resulting price increase to consumers. In the first year alone, this switch created a return of at least £2 million in Fairtrade premiums for cane farmers.
Cupcake and cookie queen Lily Vanilli created this recipe for you to try during Fairtrade Fortnight. Enjoy these delicious cookies with a refreshing cup of Fairtrade tea!
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously until brown bits begin to form at the bottom of the pan (approx 5 mins)
3. Beat the melted butter together with the light brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth
4. Add the egg & egg yolk and beat to incorporate into sugar/butter mixture
5. Set the mixer to a low speed and gradually add the sifted dry ingredients
6. Add lemon zest, chocolate and Brazil nuts to taste
7. Roll dough into 2 inch diameter balls and lay on a lined baking sheet, approx 2 inches apart, bake in preheated oven 15 mins or until brown around the edges and soft in the centre.