Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 07 Feb 2009 @ 12:54
Serves 4 as a starter
300g farfalle pasta
150g smoked salmon, cut into small cubes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 tbsp whisky (or brandy)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the smoked salmon and lemon juice and fry gently for 3 or 4 minutes.
2. Add the cream and whisky/brandy and season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
3. Allow the sauce to simmer very gently for about 4 minutes.
4. In the meantime, cook the farfalle till al dente.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stirring gently over a low heat for a minute or so.
6. Serve with an extra sprinkling of black pepper.