Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
250g feta cheese
2 -3 cloves garlic
1-2 small red chillis
about 10 black olives
A few sprigs of thyme, whole
A few sprigs of oregano, whole
10 basil leaves, whole
Extra virgin olive oil (approx• 250-300ml)
1) Pat the feta cheese dry and cut into cubes (about 1.5cms)
2) Slice the chill and garlic into thin slices.
3) Take a clean jar (i used a 500ml jar in the picture) and start by adding a
layer of cheese,some garlic, a couple of olives and some of the herbs.
4) Keep layering till the jar is completely full.
5) Pour over the olive oil, tapping the jar on the counter occasionally to get rid of
any bubbles that may have formed.
6) Fill with olive oil until the cheese and herbs are completely covered.
7) Seal the jars tightly and store in a cool, dark place for about 7 days to allow
flavours to develop.
You can also add sun dried tomatoes to the cheese if you like. I usually do, but i'd ran out of them.:rolleyes: