Added by Allora Andiamo | Thu 16 Jul 2009 @ 00:59
I make this dish using my own bottled Tomato & Basil sauce but if you don\'t have time to cook a batch of this sauce then just use tinned tomatoes instead. Just add a little more basil to the sauce and cook a little longer before adding the ricotta. It won\'t have quite the same flavour but it will still be good :)
1 cupful (about 250ml) of tomato and basil sauce (see link below)
1/2 glass of white wine
2 tbsp fresh ricotta
1 small chilli, sliced
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
approx 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
A little olive oil
Tomato & Basil Sauce: http://www.jamieoliver.com/foodwise/article-view.php?id=1883
1.Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Whilst the pasta is cooking prepare the sauce.
2. Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and gently fry the chilli and garlic till soft.
3. Pour in the wine and cook over a medium heat till about half the wine has evaporated.
4. Add the tomato sauce and fresh basil to the pan and continue cooking for about 5 mins.
5. Drain the pasta saving a ladleful of the cooking water. Add the ricotta to the sauce along with the pasta and a little of the cooking water.
6. Toss the pan gently, coating the pasta with the sauce.
7. Serve straight away with a little grated cheese if you wish.