Fiery Jacket Potatoes
Added by British Carrots | Fri 30 Oct 2009 @ 17:07
Cooking: 1hr 10mins
Per serving: 335 calories, 9.4 fat, 4.0g saturates, 10.3g sugars, 0.37g salt
Contains a over a third of your RDA of Vitamin C and counts for two of your 5-A-DAY
6 baking potatoes, scrubbed
1 (400g) pack lean lamb mince
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
10ml/2tsp ground cumin,
1/2-1tsp/2.5-5ml chilli flakes
450g/1lb carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
1 (400g) can tomatoes
15ml/1 tbsp tomato puree
salt and ground black pepper
45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
sour cream mixed with chopped coriander to serve, if liked
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/ Fan 200C/450F/Gas Mark 7. Scrub the potatoes clean, then place on a baking tray. Bake for 35-40mins or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, Heat a large pan or wok, add the lamb mince without any extra oil, and sauté over a medium heat for 6-8mins, stirring to break up the mince, until it is nicely browned. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and sauté for 2mins.
3. Add the spices and carrots, cook for 1 min. Then add the tomatoes, puree and plenty of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10mins. Stir well, then simmer uncovered for a further 5mins or until the juices have thickened slightly. Adjust the seasoning.
4. Split the baked potatoes and spoon a little of the mince mixture into each. Serve
5. topped with sour cream mixed with chopped coriander if liked.