Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by RedfoxEstonia
2. put the fish spine in a large pot together with allspice, pepper, dill, aniseed, bayleaf that are inside a small cotton bag. Pour boiling water over that, add some salt and cook under cover for 15 minutes.
3. while the spine is boiling, make dumplings. beat the eggs, mix with flour. on a frying pan, melt the butter, cool and pour into the mixture. add enough milk to make a sticky dough. add the onions to the buttery pan and cook them until slightly golden, put aside, then slightly cook the finely chopped paprika in the same pan and leave there.
4. take the spices out of the stock and preserve, you can use them 1 more time. Lift the spine on a large plate to cool.
5. drop dumplings into the simmering stock with a tablespoon. lift out into a bowl when cooked ( we make dumplings first because there will be no space for them when the vegetables are added).
6. add carrots into the stock and cook till half done. Then add the paprika, next the cabbage. when the cabbage is almost cooked, add the potatoes and onions. While the vegetables are cooking pick the meat off the fishbones. If the bones seem oily, pour some hot stock or water on them to get the last bit of taste out and pour into the soup. put the fish meat aside
7. when the vegetables are cooked, check the soup for seasoning, add salt if necessary. add the fish and the dumplings into the soup, let it simmer a few minutes so the tastes get absorbed.
8. serve with sour cream. you don´t even need bread to go with this soup.