Fishermans Pie with cheese on top.
Added by Julian | Thu 26 May 2011 @ 18:09
My homemade Fisherman\'s Pie with cheese on top.
baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
4 Chunky cod Fillets ( Use Atlantic Cod 4 Chunky Fillets from Youngs which can be cooked from frozen,or fresh cod fillets if you prefer)
2 sticks of celery finely sliced
2 small onions finely chopped
3 Asparagus spears finely sliced
1 clove of Garlic
1 tsp of nutmeg
Pinch of Herbs (Mint,Sage,)
Cheese mature strong cheddar.
1) Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until soft.
2) Drain well and mash. Add the cream and butter, then season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Mix well until smooth and creamy. Taste, adding more seasoning if required, then set to one side.
3) Heat a small amount of oil in a non stick frying pan,add the chopped onions,celery,asparagus spears and crash one small clove of garlic,fry for 2/3 mintues until soft.Then add a very small amount of fish stock.
4) Preheat the oven to 200.Wrap 4 Chunky cod Fillets in foil which needs to be rub with a small amount of oil.Cook the cod fillets for 20/25 minutes.Remove from the oven once cooked.
5) Add the cod fillets to the mash and using a folk break into small flacks and mix in with mash.
6) Add the onions,celery,asparagus spears into the mash and mix well.Add the herbs and mix.
7) Add all the mixture to a deep ovenproof dish.
8) Once you added the mixture to the ovenproof dish,grate a good amount of mature strong cheddar cheese and cover the top of the pie with the cheese.
9) Put the pie in the oven and cook for 25/30 minutes.
10) For a lovely crisp golden color,place the pie under the grill until you have a nice golden brown and crispy topping.