Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Prepare the pasta dough as you usually would, kneading the dough till its nice and silky.
2. Cover with some clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour or so.
3. Roll the pasta through your pasta machine (or roll by hand) and complete the last roll on the No.5 or No.6 setting. (You can sprinkle the pasta with a little extra flour as you're working the dough but try not to add too much otherwise your pasta will end up too dry to stick together when you roll the garganelli).
4. Lay the sheets of rolled dough on the work surface and cut into squares (anywhere between 4cm and 5cm's wide.
5. Place the comb on your work surface (i stick mine down with double sided sticky tape to help stop it sliding) and place a square of pasta on the comb (see pics).
6. Roll your floured pencil back and forth over the pasta then fold the bottom corner of the pasta over the pencil and roll together.
7. Roll the whole thing back and forth again, pressing gently against the comb and making sure that the pasta edges have sealed properly.
8. Slide the pasta off the pencil and set them aside to dry a little on a lint free tea towel or similar.
9. Cook in boiling salted water till al dente and serve with your chosen sauce.