Added by eatgreek | Fri 09 Apr 2010 @ 13:26
6 red ripe tomatoes
4 green peppers
2 medium onions chopped
1-2 garlic cloves ground
1 bunch of parsley
a bit chopped mint
1 grated zucchini
1/2 a glass of olive oil
10 tablespoons rice carolina (we need the same number of spoonfuls of rice as the number of gemista we want to stuff)
salt, pepper, oregano
- Wash the tomatoes and peppers.
- Cut a lid from the top of the peppers and throw the seeds.
- Cut a lid from the top of the tomatoes, and remove the inside part of the tomatoes with a spoon and pour it into a bowl.
- Place the tomatoes and peppers upright in a pan.
- We take half of the inside part of tomatoes we have kept and finely chop with a knife in a large bowl.
- Add onions, garlic, parsley, mint, zucchini, rice, oregano, salt, pepper and half the oil and mix well.
- With a spoon, fill the tomatoes and peppers (do not stuff the gemista up too the top because the rice swells during the baking) and place the lids.
- Pour over stuffed tomatoes and peppers on top of them with the remaining olive oil remaining, tomato inside parts and some water.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 200 oC for 1,5 h-2h.
more here: http://eatgreek.net/