Added by eatgreek | Wed 14 Apr 2010 @ 10:04
500gr minced beef
100gr-150gr Carolina rice washed and soaked
1-2 large onions and 1 clove garlic, minced
1 / 2 bunch dill, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
flour to cover them before boil them
INGREDIENTS for the lemon and egg sause
3 lemons (only the juice)
1. Knead all the ingredients well (except the flour) and form balls.
2. Cover the balls with flour and place them one by one on a disk.
3. Boil water in a pot with oil, salt and pepper and add the floured giouvarlakia in boiling water.
4. Cover the pan, lower the heat and let them boil for 25′-30 Ď.
5. When finished cooking prepare the lemon and egg sause.
METHOD for lemon and egg sause
1. In a bowl beat the egg whites of eggs until they become tight meringue.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat for a while.
3. Slowly add the juice from the lemons and beat well.
4. With a deep scoop take from the pot a little broth and add to bowl.
5. We repeat that step 2-3 more times and continue beating with the mixer. (This do not cut the egg)
6. Then pour the mixture into the pot and stir gently to prevent spoiling the giouvarlakia.
more here: http://eatgreek.net/