Added by martaFer | Wed 29 Jul 2009 @ 16:43
This is a lasagne recipe with a twist, hope you enjoy it! This recipe serves 2 hungry people! Pre-made béchamel sauce is used to simplify, but this could be replaced by home-made for extra flavour.
2 medium-sized courgettes
1 heaped tablespoon of Patak\'s mild curry paste
extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt
6 sheets of lasagne
250ml béchamel sauce
grated mozzarella cheese
fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Thinly slice the courgettes, and place them in a frying pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, come coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Allow them to fry off for about 5 minutes, so that they become softer, but keeping their bite.
3. Pre-heat the oven at about 200ºC for 10 minutes.
4. Add to the courgettes a heaped tablespoon of Patak\'s mild curry paste and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Then, add a drizzle of cream to the courgettes, just so that the curry is not too over-powering and is slightly milder, although you don\'t want it to lose its flavour.
6. At this point you should taste it, to check if you need to add a little more curry or cream.
7. Drizzle a little olive oil and a tablespoon of béchamel sauce (add here a little nutmeg to the béchamel if you like it) on the bottom of your oven tray, and spread evenly.
8. Lay down the first layer of fresh lasagne sheets (although dry would work too).
9. Spoon over half of the courgette mixture, and spread evenly.
10. Spread over a third your béchamel sauce, and cover with some grated mozzarella cheese.
11. Lay another layer of lasagne, followed by the rest of the courgettes, another third of the béchamel and grated mozzarella
12. Lay your last layer of lasagne, cover with the rest of the béchamel, some fresh mozzarella and some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
13. Place the tray in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, being careful so that the cheese doesn\'t burn.
14. Remove from the oven and wait 5 minutes before serving.
15. Top with a thin drizzle of olive oil, some freshly ground black pepper and a few shaves of freshly grated parmesan, and enjoy!