Greek Pork Kebabs (Souvlaki)
Added by lovedips.co.uk | Tue 26 Jan 2010 @ 16:40
Serves 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes + marinating time Cooking time: 15-20 minutes Cost: 78p per person
Per Serving: 292 kcal, 15.9g fat, 4.8g saturates, 5.3g sugars, 0.7g salt
500g lean pork loin, cut into cubes
2tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1tbsp dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 large courgette, thickly sliced
200g tub tzatziki
Salad, to serve
You will need: bamboo skewers
1. Place the pork in a non-metallic bowl. Add the oil, lemon juice, oregano and seasoning. Mix well, cover and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Whilst the pork is marinating, soak the bamboo skewers in water.
3. Thread the cubes of pork onto the skewers with the peppers and courgettes. Brush any remaining marinade over the vegetables.
4. Cook the kebabs under a hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until they are evenly browned and the pork is cooked through.
5. Serve the kebabs with the tzatziki and salad.