Added by Allora Andiamo | Thu 04 Jun 2009 @ 15:42
This recipe uses green beans instead of the usual kidney beans which makes it ideal for those on low carb diets. Lovely with rice or couscous or for a low carb alternative, try serving it with some grated cauliflower which has been fried in a little olive oil.
Serves 2 - 3
200g lean minced beef
approx 1.5 cups of frozen/fresh green beans, cut into chunks
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tsps tomato puree
3/4 cup of beef stock
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely sliced
1 tsp chilli flakes (use less if you wish)
1/2 tsp each of cummin,coriander & paprika
A little fresh chopped coriander to serve
A little olive oil for frying
1. In a large saucepan, heat a little olive oil and fry the garlic, onion and sliced chilli till soft.
2. Add the minced beef and continue frying till the meat is nicely browned.
3. Add the the spices and chilli flakes and fry for about 1 minute before adding the tomato puree (paste). Fry for a further 1 minute.
4. Next add the tinned tomatoes and stock, then cover with a lid and simmer over a low heat for about 20mins.
5. Add the green beans to the chilli, cover and continue cooking for a further 10 -15mins or until beans are tender. Serve sprinkled with a little fresh coriander.