Half Chocolate-Half Vanilla Sponge Loaf
Added by divia.x | Sun 28 Oct 2012 @ 19:21
Made in ten simple steps, this delicious chocolate and vanilla loaf is fool proof and can never go wrong- with a touch of creativity it will look as good as it tastes!
6oz self-raising flour
2 medium eggs
3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
3 drops vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Grease a loaf tin with extra butter or a drop of oil, making sure the corners and edges are covered well too.
3. Heat butter in microwave for 20 seconds, or until half soft/half melted. Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Add the vanilla and whisk until beaten well.
4. Crack both eggs into the mixture and whisk in until fully blended.
5. Sieve in the flour and fold in using a spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Spoon half of the mixture into the loaf tin, making sure it gets into the corners.
7. Add the cocoa powder into the rest of the mixture and fold in using a wooden spoon or spatula.
8. Spoon the chocolate mix on top of the vanilla mix. (If you have a creative streak, now\'s the time to use it!) Using a fork mix the two flavours and give it a swirly marble effect.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes checking regularly. Use a clean knife to poke in to check if the loaf cake is cooked all the way through. If not, bake until ready on a lower heat of 100 degrees C.
10. Leave to cool for a few minutes and turn over to release. Cut into thick slices and serve with hot custard. Enjoy!