Italian Chicken and Potato Bake
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 11 Oct 2009 @ 21:17
4 chicken legs (cut each leg into 2)
approx.900g tiny potatoes, peeled
8 small red onions, sliced in half
4 -6 large garlic cloves, left whole with skin
about 500ml chicken stock
1 glass of dry white wine
2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
2 tbsp chopped thyme
1 tsp dried tarragon
Salt and pepper to season
Some extra virgin olive oil
A large baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Bash the garlic cloves lightly to loosen the skins a little.
3. Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the halved onions and garlic cloves (about 1 minute only).
4. Add the wine and stock and cook over a high heat for a further minute. Set aside.
5. Lay the chicken pieces and potatoes in a large baking dish, then pour over the stock mixture. Season everything with salt, pepper and the herbs. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
6. Cover the dish with a dome of foil and bake for about 40 mins. Remove the foil, turn the heat up to 210C then bake for a further 20 mins, or until potatoes and chicken are golden.
Lovely served with a rocket salad and some good Italian bread.