Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Add the tomato puree and fry for a further minute or so.
3. Add the lentils and potatoes and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
4. Pop the herbs into the pan (tied together in a bundle) then add the stock/water and season with a little salt and black pepper.
5. Simmer gently for about 25 mins or until the lentils are cooked and the soup is a little creamy.
6. Remove the herbs and check for seasoning .
7. Serve the soup drizzled with a little olive oil.
Note: The cooking time depends on the variety of lentils so check packet instructions if you're using a different sort. You may also need to add a little more water if the lentils you're using require a longer cooking time.