Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 16 Jun 2009 @ 21:19
3 med.red bell peppers,sliced in half (leave the stalk on)
200g minced beef
1 small onion,finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup of peas
1 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
1 cup of passata (pureed tomatoes)
Small bunch each of basil & oregano
1 small chilli pepper,finely sliced
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 ball of mozzarella,cut into 12 slices
Salt & pepper to season
A little olive oil
1. In a med.frying pan, heat a little olive oil and fry the onions,garlic & chilli till soft.
2. Add the minced beef and continue frying over a medium heat till meat is lightly browned.
3. Add the tomato paste to the mixture and stir over a low heat for about 1minute before adding the passata (pureed tomatoes).
4. Finally, add the peas to the pan, cover, then cook over a low heat for about 10mins,stirring occassionally. Season with salt and pepper then add the chopped herbs and cook for a further 5 mins.
5. When its finished cooking, sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and mix well.
6. Fill each paprika half with a couple of heaped tbsps of filling then top with a couple of slices of mozzarella. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil.
7. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 200C for approx 40mins.
Lovely served on rice or couscous.