Added by Allora Andiamo | Thu 12 Mar 2009 @ 14:51
Makes 12 tarts
175 g plain flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
approx 50ml water
Jam (US.jelly) any flavour
Icing sugar to decorate
1. Mix together flour,salt, sugar and butter (cut into small pieces). Rub the mixture between your fingers till the mixture resembles large breadcrumbs.
2. Add the water (bit by bit) and knead the pastry gently, forming into a ball. Pop it in the fridge for about 1 hour.
3. Grease a 12 hole shallow tart tin. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface (about 3-4 mm thick).
4. Using a large cup or pastry cutter, cut out circles and place into the tart tins.
5. Fill each tart with about 2 heaped tsps of jam.
6. Bake in a pre-heated over at 200C for about 15-20 mins.
7. Allow to cool then sprinkle with a little icing sugar.