Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 29 Apr 2009 @ 13:59
I made this for lunch yesterday using stuff that I found in the fridge/freezer, which needed using up :)
2 mugfuls of cooked rice
10 -12 king prawns (shelled,raw)
1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 handful of mangetout peas
approx 1/2 cup frozen peas,defrosted
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 large egg, beaten,seasoned with salt
Oil for stir frying (soya, peanut, light sesame etc)
A dash of dark sesame oil to season
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan till very hot. Add a little oil to the pan and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for about 30 secs.
2. Add the pepper strips, mangetout and defrosted peas and fry for about 1 minute.
3. Add the prawns and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, or until prawns are pink and cooked through.
4. Remove from the pan. Pour the beaten egg into the pan and cook over a high heat (both sides). Remove from the heat and chop the egg \'omelette\' into small pieces.
5. Return to the pan with the rice, adding a little soya sauce and dark sesame oil. Fry for a couple of minutes before adding the prawns and vegetables.
6. Allow the prawns and veg to warm through a little, then serve.