Added by mamablossom | Thu 01 Apr 2010 @ 22:45
A gorgeous salad that is lovely on it\'s own as a lunch or snack and fantastic with grilled or BBQ meat! We love to take it to parties and barbeques - everyone asks for it!
1 medium Kumara (sweet potato)
100g baby rocket
200g haloumi cheese
handful of walnuts
Balsamic Vinegar and good extra virgin olive oil to serve
Extra olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
1. Break up your walnuts a little and dry fry them in a pan. Be really careful - they burn quickly!
2. Wash and dry your rocket well and sit it aside.
3. Peel and chop kumara into around 2cm cube pieces (no need to be exact- lovely rustic chunks are the aim). Boil or steam until tender then brown them up in a pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Leave to cool a little.
4. While your kumara is cooling use your pan to fry 1cm slices of haloumi cheese in a little olive oil. They should go all lovely and brown but the cheese will hold it\'s shape. Yum!
5. Put the rocket in a bowl, add the kumara and haloumi, sprinkle with walnuts and dress to your taste. Soooooo good!!!!