Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by freshherbs
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan or 150C/325F or Gas Mark 3.
2. Put the olive oil into a sautée pan. Coat the lamb in seasoned flour. Fry the meat until browned. Throw in the vegetables and bay leaf. Fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the redcurrant jelly and dried rosemary. Add stock. Season to taste.
4. Transfer the meat to a casserole dish then cover and bake for 1¼ -1½ hrs or until the meat is tender.
For the cobbler/scones:
1. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/Fan or 200°C/425°F or Gas Mark 7.
2. Sift the flour with the salt into a large bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes. Toss it into the flour. With fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add salt and pepper. Add the rosemary and cheese.
3. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, beat the egg and milk together and bring the mixture together with a knife. The mixture will be sticky. On a floured surface, knead the dough two or three times until smooth. Roll or pat into a flat block about 21/2 cm / 1" thick. Cut into rounds with a floured cutter.
4. Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining beaten egg for a golden crust. Put the scones directly on top of the casserole and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.