Added by Palmita | Sun 26 Jul 2009 @ 11:37
1 kg• piece of fresh red tuna fish
4 or 5 garlics peeled and cut in two parts
Spanish virgin olive oil
2 medium onions
1 glass of dry Sherry wine
2 bay leaves
- lard the tuna fish with garlic, black pepper and parsley (try that, once you are cutting the tuna for serving, the garlic etc. are well distributed in all the slices. Add salt and ground pepper.
- Add olive oil to a pan and when hot, put the tuna and golden it for all sides. Take it out of the pan and and, in the same oil, the chooped onion and the carrot, peeled and sliced. When they are tender, put again the tuna fish and add the oregano, the bay leaves and sherry wine. When the wine is evaporated, add a glass of water and leave cooking for approx 30\' in a medium-low temperature.
- Take the tuna out of the pan and let it get cold for a while and then keep it in the fridge for one hour covered with film. Then cut it into thin slices and serve it in a long dish.
- In the meanwhile, take the bay leaves out of the pan and with the turmix, pass the vegetables to obatain a medium-thick sauce. You must serve it hot in a sauce boat or over the tuna slices.
- You can accompany this tuna with a mix of long and savage rice sauté with some fried garlic and dredged with fresh chopped parsley and coriander and a red tomato roasted in the oven.
This dish is pure Mediterranean... Sorry if I have any mistake in writing, but I\'m Spanish and it´s a bit difficult to write recipes in another language... I hope you´ll like this recipe.
Kisses. Palma Ahuir