Lemon Sole with Riz Camarguaise
Added by lizbe | Wed 06 Jun 2012 @ 16:58
Great dish for this time of year when lemon sole are in season.
The rice is coloured and flavoured with the tomato- to resemble the red rice of the Camargue.
More dishes like this on my blog : www.lizsleftovers.blogspot.com
1 lemon sole per person
chopped parsley or persillade
1 cup long grain rice (or red Camargue rice if you are lucky enough to find it)
1 cup chopped tomatoes (I like the ones with chilli)
2 tsp tomato puree
1 small onion finely chopped
1 cup stock (fish or vegetable)
1. Fry the onion in olive oil until soft
2. Stir in the rice and coat the grains in the oil and onion.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and add the stock
4. Boil until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed then switch off the heat and let the rice steam in the pan with a tightly fitting lid.
5. Now brush the sole with oil and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
6. Garnish with parsley or persillade and serve with the rice and some seasonal veg.