Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by emms
To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight (22 Feb – 7 March 2010) and encourage fairer baking, Tate & Lyle has partnered with cupcake queen Lily Vanilli to create a trio of delicious and unusual recipes using Fairtrade ingredients.
The FAIRTRADE Mark is the only independent consumer label that ensures farmers in developing countries receive an agreed and stable price for the crops they grow that covers the cost of sustainable production, as well as additional payment (known as the Fairtrade premium) for farmers and workers to invest together in the future.Choosing Fairtrade over regular versions makes a massive difference to the lives of developing world farmers and their families!
Two years ago, Tate & Lyle announced its plans to move its retail cane sugars range to Fairtrade with no resulting price increase to consumers. In the first year alone, this switch created a return of at least £2 million in Fairtrade premiums for cane farmers.
For more delicious Fairtrade recipes, visit www.tasteandsmile.co.uk
2. Turn heat down to 180c
3. Mash bananas with honey in a small bowl and set aside
4. Sift together all the dry ingredients into a large bowl - flour, sugar, baking powder, salt
5. Cut butter into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients, blend with an electric mixer on medium speed until evenly incorporated
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition
7. Mix in the banana/honey mixture, spices and Brazil nuts to taste
8. Spoon into cupcakes cases, filling almost to the top
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
10. Remove and leave to cool in the pans for approx 3 mins - then transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
1. Beat the butter until smooth, then add half of the sugar, the double cream and the honey
2. Continue beating, slowly adding the rest of the sugar to achieve a smooth, even texture
3. Ice each cooled cupcake with a thick swirl of frosting and top with strips of cooled bacon and chopped Brazil nuts.