Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
It's important to keep the mixture very cold during the sausage making process. Returning the meat to the freezer between each step will ensure that the meat doesn't get too warm. You can also add crushed ice to the mixture whilst processing but remember to reduce the amount of water in the recipe.
2. Pop the mince into the freezer to make sure it gets nice and cold again (about 20mins)
3. Add the spice mix, breadcrumbs and water to the mixture.
4. Put the meat through the grinder again, this time using the small grinder plate.
5. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and set it aside. Return the mixture to the freezer whilst you test the sausagemeat for flavour (fry the tablespoon of mixture in a little oil). Adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Stuff the mixture into sausage casings (make them any size you prefer).
7. Pop them into a tupperware box (or similar) and leave in the fridge overnight to allow flavours to develop.
8. Grill or fry in a little oil (putting the sausages into a cold pan will help to stop the skins bursting).