Low Carb Granola
Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 22 Mar 2011 @ 08:12
You can serve this granola with milk, yoghurt or cream .
RECIPE BY ROSE ELLIOT
Makes 8 servings at 4.4g net carbs per serving
55g unsweetened desiccated coconut
85g chopped brazil nuts
85g chopped walnuts
85g chopped almonds
85g sunflower seeds
115g melted butter *
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Some stevia to sweeten
85g flax seeds (i left these out)
* vegans can use coconut oil instead of butter
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Put the coconut, brazil nuts, walnuts, almoonds and sunflower seeds onto a baking sheet. Add the melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract, stirring gently (I found it easier to use my hands instead ). Taste the mixture and add stevia to taste.
3. Bake in the oven for approx. 5 -7 mins , stirring a few times, until golden brown (I actually cooked mine a bit longer- around 12 mins) . Keep an eye on it though as it\'ll burn easily.
4. Remove from the oven and immedietely turn into a bowl, to prevent the mixture continuing to cook on the hot baking sheet, and stir in the flax seeds.
5. Once it\'s completely cold you can transfer the mixture to a storage container.