Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by jenfuchigami
One of my favorite things to make with ripe mangos is this cake bread. It’s like banana bread, but with mangos! It’s sweet and moist from the mangos and so ‘Ono’ (delicious in Hawaiian).
The recipe makes 2 loaves and tastes great served warm or cold. I usually can’t wait to eat it, so I cut into one when it’s still warm and then let the other one cool for later.
2. Grease 2 loaf pans and lightly dust with flour
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
4. Add all other ingredients and mix: sugar, beaten eggs, melted butter, vegetable oil, mashed mangos, walnuts and vanilla extract
5. Pour batter into each pan until ¾ full and let stand for 20 min
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.