Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 03 May 2009 @ 20:16
8 mini flan or tart cases
1 quantity of Crema Pasticcera (see link below)
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/3 cup of water
Pinch of salt
8 sprigs of mint
1. Wash and dry the strawberries then cut in half.
2. Mix sugar, salt and cornflour in a small saucepan then add the water.
3. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly for about 8 mins, or until glaze is clear and thickened.
4. Take off the heat and add lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Using a piping bag, fill the flan cases with the cream.
6. Brush the top of each strawberry half with a little of the glaze (you won\'t need all of it), then place 4 strawberry halves on each flan.
7. Place in the fridge and allow to set for about 30mins.
8. Decorate with a sprig of mint before serving .