Added by Easy Cook | Tue 20 Mar 2012 @ 09:34
Tasty, flavorful stew ideal for UN dieters.
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp olive oil
2 celery stalks, chopped ili 1/3 cup chopped celery root
2 large carrots, chopped
1 cup broccoli
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
˝ tsp ground turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste or 1 tbs Vegeta natur
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ˝ cups water
2-3 tbs tomato paste
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
˝ cup cooked lentils
Fresh cilantro, optional
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup couscous
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Add celery, carrot and broccoli to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in all seasonings and cook additional 1 minute.
4. Add water, tomato paste, chickpeas and lentils, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook couscous in separate pan according to package directions.
6. Add cilantro and lemon juice to stew and serve over warm couscous.