Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Julian
Put a little olive oil and a knob of butter into a large,wide pan.Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes or so.Make sure all the chicken is cooked,
2) Add the sliced Asparagus, Onions and washed Mushrooms along with a 1 heaped tablespoon of flour and stir.Add 2 teaspoon of mustard.1 teaped tablespoon of creme fraiche and 300 ml of chicken stock and stir well.You can add cornflour to thicken the stock more.
3) Add the seasonng salt & Pepper and 2 teaspoon of nutmug and leave to siimmer.
4) Now for the pastry,briefly mix the flour,baking powder and salt in a food processor.
Add the butter,lard and egg yolk and process until the mixture forms crumbs.Gradually add upto 120ml of cold water(not warm) until a lovely ball of pastry miraculously appears.You can make it by hand of cause,but it works wonders in a food processor.Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for a hour so its easier to roll and ready to use.
5) Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and unroll the pastry.Use a small knife to lightly crisscross and score it.Take the pan of chicken off the heat.Tip the filling into a ovenproof didh slightly smaller than the sheet of pastry ( approx 30 X 30) Cover the filling with the pastry sheet,tucking it in at the edges.Quickly beat the egg,then brush it all the top of the pie ( The reason for this is to protect from burning,but at the same timetime it gives it a reall nice golden colour.
6) Put it into a oven,top shelf and cook for around 20/25 minutes.