Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Julian
1) Sift the flour and nutmeg into a large bowl,add the butter and sugar,and mix with your
your fingers or use a wood spoon if you like,until the texture is like breadcrumbs.
2) Turn the mixture out on a lightly floured surface and make a well in the center.Add the water to the well,and gradually work the the flour mixture into form a dough.The rule of the thumb is not to make the dough too wet.Next knead in the currents.Add a small amount of zest from a orange.
3) Dust the surface lightly with more flour and roll the pastry out to form a slap about 1cm(1/2 in) thick.Then using a rolling pin neat the edges.Try and form the slab into a neat square.
4) Place on a baking sheet,brush with the milk,and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
5) When cooked,remove from the oven,then dust all over with icing sugar,i use a sift to make it easier.Then cut into slices of whatever you want and leave on a rack to cook.