Naked Chili Con Carne
Added by Le Chef Nu | Wed 29 Jun 2011 @ 15:20
This recipe must be made the day before and rest 24 hours! I have had lots of praise for my chilli using this recipe and I hope this is replicated with you! I am sure it will.
There is a lot of ingredients but is worth it and not that daunting really.
2x Onions - finely chopped
2x Shallots - finely chopped
4x Garlic cloves - cruched
2x Red Peppers - diced
2x Red Chillis - finely chopped seedless
4x Sprigs fresh Thyme - removes leaves
6x Tomatoes - diced
800g tinned tomatoes
800g Kidney Beans
600ml beef stock
1KG quality mince beef
3ts ground cumin
2tbs mild chilli powder
4tbs tomatoe puree
3 bay leaves or 2x bouquet garni tea bags.
Use a large deep pot so all the ingredients can cook and simmer together with a cover if possible and a separate pan to cook the mince only.
in a bowl add the following herbs together to make the \"MIX\" content:
chilli powder, paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano.
and prepare the hot beef stock too ready to be used.
- Put the pan on medium heat
- Put the large pot on medium heat and melt a good dose of butter or olive oil and cook the onions and shallots for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Then add the garlic, chillis and the \"MIX\" with the onions and shallots and mix well for a further 5 minutes stirring frequently not to burn anything.
- Now brown the mince in the other pan.
- Then add the mince to the large pot and stir in for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, diced tomoatoes and tomatoe puree, cook down for 5 minutes - high heat for 5 minutes.
- Now add the stock, bayleaves or B. ganrie tea bags, Marjoram, sugar, salt and pepper to taste - bring to the boil and simmer covered for 20 minutes on low heat - stir every 5 minutes
- Then add the kidney beans, bring back to the boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Once cooked - cover dish and leave to eat the next day!
You can eat this with boiled rice or bread or wraps or nachos with salsa and guacamole and/or grated cheese.