Added by crazyguitarchik | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
1 large red onion
a bowl of chopped lettuce/cabbage of choice (i use hearts of Romaine lettuce or chinese leaf)
5 sticks of celery (perferably in the inner half with all the leaves)
1 large leek (1.5inches diameter and a foot long)
1 large nob of ginger (size of a plum)
1/2 teaspoon of tumeric
1 tablespoon of grounded black pepper
1 tablespoon of salt or add to taste
2 tablespoons of salsa (yes of the dip kind)
1 tin of kidney beans
1. Chop all vegetables in anyway you like but keep them all around the same size, for example I do:
- 1cm cubes of carrots, parnips, celeric, onion
- 2cm thick sliced celery, leek, lettuce
- quartered tomatoes
- leave ginger whole if you don't like eating them: peel and slit then throw in whole. you can then remove it later once the flavour has simmered out.
2. Cook all together in a large pan of hot water for about 20-30mins depending on vegetable size.
3. Add pepper, salt, tumeric and salsa and stir well.
4. Et Voila! Bon appetite! :)