Added by Stirfryfishpie | Sat 20 Mar 2010 @ 21:34
Spicy chinese style stirfry, all round family pleaser :) Seves 4
- 1 Leek
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Pack Green Beans
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red Pepper
- 5-6 Mushrooms
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 100g pack King prawns
- 4 Portions noodles
- Oil (I used toasted sesame oil)
- Chilli Powder
- Chilli flakes
- Chinese 5 spice
- Soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper
1. Clean all your veg. Heat up a meduim-sized wok and put your oil in.
2. Take two bowls, one of them is your crisp veg bowl, the other is your cooked veg bowl. Roughly chop your leek, dice your onion and cut the ends off your green beans.
3. Now for your crisp veg bowl. Peel the carrot skin off, then carry on peeling the carrot all the way down into you crisp veg bowl. Do the same with you cucumber. Thinly slice your red pepper, then cut your mushrooms into thick slices.
4. When your wok is hot, throw in your onion. Cook till brown. Sprinkle chilli flakes in, chilli powder and chinese five spice salt & pepper - WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SMELL THE WOK OR YOU WILL BURN YOUR NOSE, THIS STUFF IS SERIOUSLY CONCENTRATED! But don\'t worry, because once you add in your noodles etc, the taste will spread out.
5. Right, I know you\'ve smelled it so after you\'ve finished spluttering lets carry on. Throw in a little more oil (you should only have started out with a little) and put you prawns in, and all of your hot veg bowl contents.
6. Begin to boil up your noodles - you don\'t need anything fancy here.
7. Add in your crisp veg, stir through and then pour in your noodles. Serve with soy sauce.