Added by jenniferLaufs | Thu 02 Jul 2009 @ 13:43
Yum yum yum!
Good quality tuna in olive oil (normally comes in a jar (tin is ok though) )
Best juicy buffalo mozzarella possible
Fresh plum tomatoes
Fresh ciabatta bread
A handful of fresh basil leaves
Big green Italian olives with stone.
Extra virgin olive oil
Maldon sea salt
1. Put the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes. Carefully drain and peel of skins. Cut them in half length ways and scoop out the seeds.
2. In a clean mixing bowl add the fresh washed rocket leaves coat in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
3. Tear the juicy mozzarella into generous sized pieces and add to the rocket
4. Roughly tear the bread up into bite size pieces and add to the rocket
5. Drain the tuna reserving a table spoon of the oil. Break up into bite size piece and add to the rocket.
6. Pour over the tablespoon of reserved tuna oil and toss lightly.
7. Add in the tomatoes
8. Season with another sprinkling of salt and a good grinding of black pepper.
9. Give the Salad one final toss before scattering with as many olives as you fancy and serve!