Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
approx 300ml chicken broth
about 100g udon noodles (or use any other chinese/japanese noodle)
1 tbsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic & ginger
4 - 6 king prawns
1 small handful of shredded kohlrabi leaves, spinach or any dark cabbage leaf
2 - 3 shitake mushrooms
2 spring onions
1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped coriander
A few drops of toasted sesame oil
A few tbsps of tempura batter mix, mixed with ice cold water.
1. Place the chicken broth in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the shitake mushrooms, soya sauce and the garlic and ginger and cook gently for a few minutes.
3. Next add one of the spring onions (whole), the kohlrabi leaves and a little of the chilli.
4. Cook gently for just a couple of minutes.
5. Remove all of the vegetables from the broth and set aside.
6. Add the noodles to the stock and cook according to packet instructions.
7. Whilst the noodles are cooking, dip the prawns in tempura batter and fry in hot oil for a couple of minutes.
8. Remove noodles from the stock and place them in a deep serving bowl.
9. Top with the cooked vegetables and the coriander, then cover with the boiling broth.
10. Finely slice the other spring onion. Garnish the soup with the onion and the rest of the chilli slices. Season with a little sesame oil.
11. Place the fried prawns on top and serve.