Open style pork and sage burgers with pan roasted apples, served with potato wedges
Added by Jazzuk | Mon 22 Jun 2009 @ 23:42
The humble burger has had quite a beating recently with it being seen as something to have after a night out, but done properly it can hold its own against many a steak! This recipe makes a great summer evening dinner whether done on the bbq or in a pan.
2 burger buns
455g Minced Pork
1tbsp Grain Mustard
6 sage leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp flour
1 egg yolk
4 large potatoes
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat Oven to 180íc.
2. Combine mince, mustard, sage, flour, egg yolk and seasonings in a bowl
3. Combine into 4 patties and refrigerate until needed
4. Peel the apples and cut into wedges
5. Heat a dash of olive oil and a small amount of butter in a pan and cook the apples until golden.
6. Cut potato into wedges and mix with olive oil and paprika
7. Place into hot oven until cooked and soft (25mins)
8. Heat a large pan until hot, pour in 2 tbsp of olive oil and wait to heat up (20 seconds) and place patties in the pan, cook on each side for 4 minutes.
9. Rest burgers, toast the burger buns
10. Place burger on a toasted bun, top with some roasted apples and serve with wedges.