Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by cengland
1 c = 250 mL; 1/2 c = 125 mL; 1/3 c = 80 mL; 1/4 c = 60 mL; 1 tb = 20 mL; 1 tsp = 5 mL; 1/2 tsp = 2/5 mL; 1/4 tsp = 1.25 mL
• Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat, then saute the apple, onion, garlic and ginger, for about five minutes.
• Meanwhile, wash the preserved lemon, then scrape the flesh and pith from the rind using a sharp knife. Chop/mash the rind finely.
• Add lemon rind to the apple and onion mixture, and add remaining ingredients.
• Cook over medium-low heat, stirring gently occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
• Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for at least 40 mins, or until chutney is thick enough.
• Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.